views from inside the practice of a Sacred Intimate in Chicago

Hello! My name is Larry and welcome to my small corner of the web. I am happy that you have found your way here!

Sacred Intimacy is a way of working rather than a specific technique. As a Sacred Intimate, I employ many different forms of touch and holding space to help the client become more awake to his physical, erotic and sensory beauty and connection to All That Is.

I have been doing Sacred Intimate work for more than twenty years. In this time, I have encountered certain things in my clients over and over again - attitudes, thought patterns, actions - that bear comment. Also, in receiving body work, I have experienced both positive and negative things that impact the way I consider my own work and frame of mind when dealing with clients.

Commenting on these various mindsets or experiences would not be appropriate during a session because of time constraints, willingness of the client, or the actual nature of the subject. But here, potential or current clients have the time to read and absorb at leisure. So I hope to post short articles of interest that will help clarify certain things about the practice, the way that I work, and my opinions in ways I cannot do in person or on my web page.

Here's to living more comfortably and fully in these amazing bodies!!

Monday, April 8, 2019

An unusal lesson that cost $120

I have great respect for bodyworkers of all types. And, in all these years of giving and getting bodywork, I have encountered relatively few people whom I think are patently deceptive or dishonest.

Last week, I booked with a masseur I found on the internet, like so many others. He required a few days notice ( a little unusual, because most people do day-of or next-day) and then a pre-payment. I was a bit unnerved by that, but thought that it wasn't a bad business model, cutting way down on the possibility of a client no-show. It hadn't occurred to me that it could be used as a weapon.

First, the day before the appointment, he said he wasn't feeling well and needed to reschedule. OK. It happens. I have had to do it too. We rescheduled for three days later. Then, three hours before the rescheduled appointment, he texts and says he is getting his tires fixed and that he will need to reschedule again. I ask for my money back (nicely). He says I signed a contract and that there are no refunds. Only then did I call him a scam artist and a small-time conman and block his texts. Then, I get an email threatening me with libel if I leave a bad review on his company site.

I will not hurt because of the lost money. I don't want this event to hang around my space any longer either. I really hate when someone who is supposedly in a helping profession harms potential clients. Feeling the exact opposite of why you go to a bodyworker - groundedness, health, held space, gentleness, healing - is unpleasant.

Below you will see his company page on Facebook and the email he sent.
Please avoid this person. There are so many of us who want to help and make the world a better place.

With best wishes for spring renewal!
Larrty

No comments:

Post a Comment